Youth and Community Outreach Coordinator
Unit/Area: Youth Programs
Employment Status: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediately
- The Youth Programs and Community Outreach Coordinator will lead SIPA’s efforts in engaging youth and the communities of Historic Filipinotown and the larger Los Angeles County in after school programs, cultural and health education, and resources and materials on the COVID-19 vaccine as well as other resources and information related to SIPA’s pillars of work. The Youth Programs and Community Outreach Coordinator will create a program plan and successfully execute afterschool programming, outreach and cultural events, and COVID-19 and health materials dissemination. The ideal candidate will have a passion for SIPA’s mission and pillars of work, health equity and serving residents of the Historic Filipinotown community. You will report to the Youth Programs Manager.
80% Program Coordination and Implementation
- Coordinate and implement afterschool programming at SIPA’s residential locations: El Centro Loretto and Historic Filipinotown Collective
- Plan and lead the execution of SIPA’s Annual Holiday Festival Toy Distribution
- Co-plan and lead the execution of SIPA’s Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month celebration along with the Community Economic Development team
- Plan and lead the execution of Pilipino cultural and community events
- Coordinate and train volunteers as needed for events
- Designing and executing pilots related to volunteer scope and programming in partnership with the Youth Programs Manager and the Senior Director of Program
- Recruit and train community volunteers to engage with youth programs in service of civic engagement
- Coordinate and plan SIPA’s Family Day in collaboration with the Youth and Family Development Coordinator.
20% Program Support and Logistics Management
- Maintain data, outcomes and creating reports and deliverables around outreach
- Support positive youth and family programs under the Youth Programs department.
- Collaborate with Youth Programs Manager for larger strategic initiatives in volunteer recruitment and outreach events
- Collaborate with other program departments in implementing health and wellness programming specific to youth
- Serve as point-of-contact for Residential Support Services (Afterschool Programming) & cultural and community events
- 1-2 years of work experience with youth ages 0-18; demonstrated ability to operate and problem solve under pressure
- Ability to clear background checks and live scans
- Demonstrate a strong passion for SIPA’s mission and creating an impact the Pilipino and larger Los Angeles community working with children, youth, and young adults.
- Has strong command of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Has strong relationship building skills to develop and cultivate children, teens, and young adults
- Has excellent public speaking, writing, and editing skills
- Is attentive to detail and efficient in the management of diverse tasks
- Possesses excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Is flexible and willing to work non-traditional hours as needed, including some weekends for community events and extended hours in early fall and spring
- Ability to travel to relevant work locations including SIPA’s residential properties.
- Has a strong understanding of equity and needs to bridge gaps in service
- Has a Bachelor’s degree preferred (preferably in Child Development, Education, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Communications, or a related field) OR 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- 1-2 years project management experience
- Min. 1 year leadership experience supervising, managing, and training other
How to Apply:
Please submit application and resume on Indeed.