Job Title: Operations Manager
Employment Status: Full-Time Salaried
Start Date: Immediately
SIPA History and Mission:
Founded in 1972, Search to Involve Pilipino Americans (SIPA) is a non-profit, community-based social service organization providing culturally and linguistically appropriate services to the Pilipino American and other immigrant, ethnic and low income communities, with a particular focus on Los Angeles’ Historic Filipinotown. SIPA’s services include children, youth and family programs, affordable housing, small business assistance and the facilitation of collaborative actions to meet the needs of the community.
SIPA enriches and empowers generations of Pilipino Americans and others by providing health and human services, community economic development, arts and culture, and a place where all people of all backgrounds can come together to strengthen community.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to organize and oversee the daily operations of SIPA. This includes management of most administrative responsibilities, client relations and facilities management to ensure smooth daily operations and a high level of client care. You will be the one to ensure that our organization is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and administrative needs. The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of non-profit organization operations. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan and execute a number of operational activities as well as support in the administrative tasks related to development and fundraising. Must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to streamline processes and run the organization. The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the organization’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Liaise with the Executive Director and other members of the leadership team to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Collaborate with staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Support in the administrative needs of the Board of Directors including preparing board and committee meeting materials and recording minutes
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Support in the administrative duties related to development, including management of donor records, grants management, creating correspondence and reports
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Oversee client support processes and organize them to enhance client satisfaction
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners, vendors and consultants
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Works with the Executive Director, board, staff and volunteers to plan and execute special events.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or a related field; an advanced degree, such as a Master of Business Administration or Master’s in Finance or Accounting or CPA, is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of financial and operational management experience, including fund and grant accounting; compliance and reporting; contract negotiating across multiple programs with a budget of at least $500,000.
- Proven experience as an Operations Manager, Development Manager or equivalent position in a non-profit organization
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities for team management
- Outstanding communication, people skills and ability to interact with Board members
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. finance, HR, customer service etc.)
- QuickBooks acumen
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software
- Experience working with Filipino and/or other immigrant/ethnic communities is preferred
- Fluency in Filipino/Tagalog is preferred
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline is November 4, 2020 or until position is filled.
SIPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer