Job Title: Marketing & Events Coordinator
Employment Status: Part-Time; 15-20 hours a week
Start Date: Immediately
SIPA History and Mission:
Founded in 1972, Search to Involve Pilipino Americans (SIPA) is a non-profit, community-based social service organization providing culturally and linguistically appropriate services to the Pilipino American and other immigrant, ethnic and low income communities, with a particular focus on Los Angeles’ Historic Filipinotown. SIPA’s services include children, youth and family programs, affordable housing, small business assistance and the facilitation of collaborative actions to meet the needs of the community.
SIPA enriches and empowers generations of Pilipino Americans and others by providing health and human services, community economic development, arts and culture, and a place where all people of all backgrounds can come together to strengthen community.
The marketing & events coordinator will support the efforts of the organization and perform a variety of functions in a fast-paced, non-profit environment. Successful candidates will possess excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, a strong sense of professionalism, and the ability to work within a team. This position requires the ability to coordinate cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for marketing, planning virtual and in-person events and execution, the desire to learn and grow, and have an eye for detail. This person will wear many hats and will play a pivotal role in the overall success of the organization.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working with the development coordinator and operations personnel to implement marketing strategies, appropriately incorporate organization’s branding messages, and produce professional campaign proposals and events
- Creation, design, editing, and distribution of various marketing materials following SIPA Brand guidelines (Flyers, Brochures, Email Blasts, Mailers, Newsletters, Social Media Posts, Website Content, etc.)
- Manages multiple projects and team efforts simultaneously in an effective and efficient manner under tight deadlines. Understand how to manage time appropriately
- Maintain the organization’s fundraising platform, marketing database and photo library, and filing systems for paper and electronic documents
- Coordinate all aspects of event planning, stay current, and often ahead of the curve, on virtual event planning, design, and production trends, proactively identifying and solving operational challenges
- Train speakers for upcoming events: how to log in to their platform and how to present virtually via remote meetings
- Coordinate with internal staff, clients, and others to establish needs for events, and serve as liaison to directors, and industry leaders throughout the planning process
- Research resources and lead pre-event meetings when necessary to help staff make decisions about event design
- Troubleshoot and handle any issues that arise on the event day
- Assist with special projects and other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, hospitality, or a related field preferred
- At minimum 1 year of marketing and/or event planning experience
- Social Media savvy and experience in producing events
- Basic graphic design skills required
- Excellent communication, copywriting and copy-editing skills and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends).
- Experience working with Filipino and/or other immigrant/ethnic communities
- Technically savvy, comfortable using multiple software applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel
- Strong initiative, ability to develop projects from the ground up and work independently.
- Self-motivated, committed, tenacious, and goal-oriented.
- Experience with marketing automation and email service providers (Constant Contact) is a plus
- Fluency in Filipino/Tagalog is preferred; experience with and/or understanding of cultural nuances
of Filipinos/ Filipino Americans is preferred.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline is September 12, 2020 or until position is filled.
SIPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer