Job Title: Grant Writer/Development Coordinator
Employment Status: Part-Time; 15-20 hours a week
Start Date: Immediately
SIPA History and Mission:
Founded in 1972, Search to Involve Pilipino Americans (SIPA) is a non-profit, community-based social service organization providing culturally and linguistically appropriate services to the Pilipino American and other immigrant, ethnic and low income communities, with a particular focus on Los Angeles’ Historic Filipinotown. SIPA’s services include children, youth and family programs, affordable housing, small business assistance and the facilitation of collaborative actions to meet the needs of the community.
SIPA enriches and empowers generations of Pilipino Americans and others by providing health and human services, community economic development, arts and culture, and a place where all people of all backgrounds can come together to strengthen community.
This position is responsible for the full range of fund development activities for the organization. These activities include grant writing and reporting with public agencies, private foundations and corporations. Specifically, this staff is responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects. Additionally, the fund development staff is also responsible for coordinating and implementing the organization’s fundraising events. Finally, there will be some involvement in a capital campaign efforts.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with operations to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including work with marketing & events coordinator to provide regular written updates (newsletters etc) to corporate and foundation donors.
- Understanding of the organization’s history and programs.
- Make appointments for Executive Director with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees).
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc).
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Creative writing or related field required
- Minimum of two years of experience with grant writing
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Excellent verbal skills, written communication and editing skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Able to monitor and meet revenue goals
- Highly proficient in all areas of Microsoft Office to include, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Self-motivated, committed, organized, tenacious, and goal-oriented.
- Experience working with Filipino and/or other immigrant/ethnic communities is preferred
- Fluency in Filipino/Tagalog is preferred
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to email@example.com.
Application Deadline is September 12, 2020 or until position is filled.
SIPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer