A local non-profit organization wants to hear your opinion. By providing your thoughts, you can help the organization better serve its community. As an added bonus, if you take the survey, you can enter for a chance to win a $50 VISA Gift Card!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Open to legal residents of Los Angeles County, California who are 18+. Begins 6/5/19 and ends 6/18/19. Limit 1 entry per person. Prize: 3 winners will receive a $50 prepaid debit card. Sponsor: Search to Involve Pilipino Americans, 3200 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA 90026.
Search to Involve Pilipino Americans
COMMUNITY PROGRAM SURVEY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations and
1. Eligibility: The Search to Involve Pilipino Americans Survey Sweepstakes (the
“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least
eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of legal residence at the time of entry who received an email from Sponsor inviting them to participate in Sponsor’s “Community Program Survey”. Employees, officers, directors, and agents of Sponsor (as such terms are defined below), its subsidiary and affiliate companies, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such persons are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Search to Involve Pilipino Americans, 3200 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA 90026 (“Sponsor”).
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on June 5, 2019, at 12:00 AM Pacific Time (PT), and ends on June 18, 2019, at 11:59 PM PT (the "Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible individuals may enter the
Sweepstakes by responding to Sponsor’s brief “Community Program Survey” and opting in to be entered into the prize drawing. Upon submission of the survey, you will automatically receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per person. No mail, facsimiles, or mechanical reproductions of entries will be allowed. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail account submitted on the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain
associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to
show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entrants agree to be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries may void that entrant's entries and that entrant will be disqualified.
5. Prize Drawing & Odds of Winning: On or about June 19, 2019, Sponsor will randomly select three (3) potential winners from among all eligible entries received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Prize Notification & Delivery: The potential winners will be notified by email using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Potential winners must respond to Sponsor’s notice within five (5) calendar days after the date of notice or else that potential winner may be disqualified. Potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility, and may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release (“Affidavit”) within a certain period of time as communicated by Sponsor. If applicable, the Affidavit must be returned to Sponsor by the date indicated by Sponsor in order to be verified as a winner. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, or postage-due correspondence. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to timely respond to the notification, fails to complete and timely return the Affidavit, or is disqualified for any reason, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may award the prize to another entrant in accordance with the winner selection criteria described above. Upon verification by Sponsor, and following notice from Sponsor, the entrant will be deemed to be a prize winner (“winner”), subject to compliance with these Official Rules. Any misrepresentation on the Affidavit (if applicable) shall void the potential winner’s eligibility and Sponsor shall disqualify such person and seek return of any prize already awarded to such person. Prize will be sent to confirmed winners by standard U.S. mail, within thirty (30) days after confirmation is completed.
7. Prize: Three (3) winners will each be awarded one (1) fifty dollar ($50) prepaid Visa
debit card. The total retail value of all prizes to be awarded in the Sweepstakes: $150.
Debit card subject to additional terms and conditions; see card for details. Prize cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize.
8. Tax Responsibility & Release of Liability: By receipt of a prize, each winner agrees (a) that he/she is responsible for all federal, state, and local income tax liability on the prize won, regardless of the value, and (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all disputes, claims, or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. If, for any reason, all or a portion of the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its discretion, void any suspect entries and/or (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (c) award the applicable prize from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection process described above. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any
incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that such confirmation occurs prior to the drawing. In the event of an early discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, all participants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California (Western Division); (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs (if any) associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will the participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
14. Winners List: For the winner information, please submit your request in writing to:
“Search to Involve Pilipino Americans Survey Sweepstakes Official Rules”, Search to Involve Pilipino Americans, 3200 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA 90026. Requests must be accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and must be received by Sponsor by September 19, 2019. Any requests received after that date will not be honored.
Copyright ©2019 Search to Involve Pilipino Americans. All trademarks or logos used herein are trademarks of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.